Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Favorite Boook bro.

Now I know it sounds cliché to say you don’t like to read books, but I do not like to read books. The only time you’ll find me reading a book and enjoying a book is when I picked the book out. The genres of books I like are sports, mysteries, and historical fiction books. But when asked what my favorite book, I had to think for a while. While in English class last year with my favorite teacher Mr. Currin, we read Fahrenheit 451 which was an awesome book, and would have to be on my top 10 favorite books, but it still didn’t get me like “The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game” did. This book was awesome. I think I liked this book so much because it was a football book and it was very inspirational. The book is about a young high school student who is not all that intelligent. He has had a troubled life and his mom wasn’t there for most of it. A nice rich family takes Big Mike in as the family calls him although they do not know that he doesn’t like being called that. The “new” family tries to get him into the high school that they work at but his grades weren’t good enough, so the family fights for Michael to get accepted and soon he gets into the school. Big Mike starts playing football for the school which his “new dad” coaches at. Big Mike Oher had a rough life and he still is fighting threw all the troubles he went through. He had a successful High School career and soon got drafted to the University of Mississippi to play for the Rebels. He did so well in College he went on to play in the NFL and is currently playing for the Baltimore Ravens. This is truly an inspirational book and if you want to be touched deep down inside your heart, I advise you to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment